Tuesday 24 March 2015

Vivi Ornitier

RPGs are my weak spot. I have played a dozen of Final Fantasy (FF) games in my life, but I never had a chance to play them all. I guess I'm still too young for that, but I'm trying to catch up! :) FFVI was my first (and probably also my favourite) game in the series, although I've been spending a lot of time in FFXIV: A Realm Reborn lately. FFXIV is an MMO, and I'm currently part of an amazing European team that tries to clear all the difficult end-game content (This is a video of our group's recent Turn 12 clear. Obviously, I'm Fabled Fox. :D I play as a White Mage, which means that I have to keep the team alive. At least, I try to!).

My boyfriend Niels (Final Freak in FFXIV, a mysterious Ninja) is an enthusiastic Final Fantasy collector and he basically knows everything about the games. FFIX being his favourite title in the series, I decided to be a good girlfriend and buy the PSone version. I'm now only 5 hours into the game, but I can already understand why the characters are claimed to be so darn amazing. Especially Vivi, the Black Mage. To be honest, I can relate to Vivi. I always trip and fall.

So, instead of actually playing the game, I decided to draw Vivi. It always goes like that. For this drawing, I used a different style than usual. It took me about 2.5 hours to finish. Some of my close friends were very excited about this new, "borderless" style (Thank you very much for the YAYs, guys!), so I will probably try to make a similar, Final Fantasy-themed digital painting in the near future! :) I love Moogles, Gilgamesh, Tonberries, summons and Red XIII, so those are all very likely candidates. Stay tuned!

And now I'm off to bed. With my PlayStation Vita, and Final Fantasy IX.

Leen
Vivi Ornitier, March 2015
Paint Tool Sai

No comments:

Post a Comment