Saturday 2 May 2015

A Sketch A Day Keeps The Dullness Away

Waiting for your programs to load, waiting for your programs to crash, taking 15-minute breaks, or trying to find a solution for a difficult problem. My sketchbook is my saviour. While I love digital art more than anything in the world, a pencil and a piece of paper is all I need to get through any of these "empty" moments. My course notes always used to be a complete mess. ;) And although some of my professors certainly didn't enjoy the fact that a girl would be drawing silly things during their lectures rather than taking actual notes, sketching always helped me to improve my concentration when things were getting waaaay too boring. It was, however, not always very beneficial for my friends' concentration. Sowwy.

These are some of my more recent sketches. I don't really use any fancy material for them. Usually just some free pencils, markers and pens that I found somewhere in a dusty drawer. :D The Bohemian Girl is probably my personal favourite. I don't know what her story is, but my friend Eva suggested that she is a flying cow who was turned into a young girl by an evil witch. She tied the feathers to her earrings, hoping she could someday become a flying cow again. Works for me. 

Have a nice weekend! 

Leen


Benedict Cumberbatch, Early 2015
Black pen on paper


Coeurl, Early 2015
Pencil on paper


Sketches at work, Late 2014
Blue pen on paper


Bohemian Girl, Early 2015
Blue pen on paper


The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who), Early 2015
Black pen on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment