Sunday 17 May 2015

Forest Friends

Four years ago, Celesse became part of our family. She's a Ragdoll cat, meaning that she has no survival instinct whatsoever (This includes: sliding off trees, eating nasty bugs, and saying hello to strangers), and always has to be kept indoors. But we often take her out for leash-walks in the garden! :) Since she likes to spend hours and hours in front of our big window, the animals that live in our backyard already know that she means no harm. Our squirrels and birds don't mind getting very close to Celesse to collect some seeds or nuts, and she clearly enjoys being surrounded by friendly forest animals! 

This drawing was slightly inspired by Alphonse Mucha, one of my favourite artists of all time. You can probably tell by the thick outlines. I apologize in advance for using autumn colours (Yes, it's Spring, I am aware of that!), but I decided to go with a complementary palette. I had a lot of fun with this. :D If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave me a comment!

See you soon,

Leen
Forest Friends, May 2015
Paint Tool Sai

No comments:

Post a Comment